Because we provide senior companions in California, we understand that memory problems are common in the elderly. And we know that it can be frustrating. So, allow us to share some helpful tips to try to keep your memory sharp for longer.
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Being physically active helps raise the blood flow in our bodies, including our brains. As few as 150 minutes of moderate physical activity every week may help with our brain health.
- Aside from exercising our bodies, we need to exercise our minds, too, to keep them in shape. Some brain-stimulating activities like doing crosswords, playing a musical instrument, reading, and others can reduce the risk of memory loss.
- Get enough quality sleep. Sleep deprivation and poor-quality sleep are often linked to memory loss. We need at least 7 hours of sleep every night.
- Eat a nutritious diet as it is good for the brain. Feeding yourself more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and foods low in fat but high in protein can help improve your memory.
- Stay socially active as it can help reduce your risk of depression and stress, which are both contributing factors to memory loss. Find time to spend time with your loved ones, especially if you are living alone.
Do you need ADL assistance in La Mesa, California? Then you have come to the right place. Look no further than Sunshine Home Health Aide Org., Inc.
We can help with bathing, toileting, meal preparation, light housekeeping, and many more. We focus on assisting with basic daily living tasks because we want to improve our client’s and their family’s quality of life.
For physical therapy assistance and more, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
This entry was posted in Seniors Memory Sharp and tagged Physically Active, Quality Sleep, Reduces Stress. Bookmark the permalink.