Mornings give us a fresh start. But when our senior loved ones are not getting a good start, it can be a sign of something else. How was their sleep?
The quality of sleep is not just about the hours we spend sleeping but is about the overall sleep experience. As we grow old and our lifestyle changes, the quality of sleep can get affected.
Another layer of complexity happens because of the routines we do that make sleeping difficult. Here are sample unhealthy habits to avoid so your senior loved one gets the sleep they deserve.
- Eating too close (e.g., 2 to 3 hours) before bedtime.
- Consuming caffeine in the afternoon and during the night.
- Using a smartphone and other devices in bed or before you sleep.
- Deciding to sleep too early or too late.
- Doing physical activity or workouts before bed.
Do you need feeding support for your homebound family member? Do you need physical therapy assistance for your loved one’s journey to recovery?
When you need quality home care solutions to provide your loved ones with feeding assistance, Sunshine Home Health Aide Org., Inc. is the care provider to choose from.
We understand how crucial it is to deliver care, and we are with you every step of the way. For example, our medication assistance ensures your loved ones are taking their meds right on time.