Easter is known to be the perfect season to load up with some fattening treats, but you have to consider the perfect meal for your elderly loved one too. Sunshine Home Health Aide Org Inc., a home care company in La Mesa, California, suggests you try out these recipes perfect for the Easter feast:
Appetizer: Lemon-Garlic Marinated Shrimp
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1¼ pounds cooked shrimp
- Place garlic and oil in a small skillet.
- Cook over medium health for about one minute
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Toss with shrimp in a large bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
✔Main dish: Stuffed Leg of Lamb
8 cloves garlic
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 4-lb boneless leg of lamb
1 small bunch kale
1/3 cup red onion
½ cup feta cheese
½ cup olives
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees and coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Combine half of the garlic with the parsley, oil, salt and pepper for your rub. Rub the mixture on your leg of lamb.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Then add kale leaves and continue to cook, stirring often until tender. Remove from heat and let cool. Add the feta, olives and lemon zest.
- Spread the mixture on the inside of the lamb, leaving a 1-inch border at each end of the meat. Tie the leg with kitchen string to keep it from separating. Place the leg steam-side down in the roasting pan and cook for 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Continue roasting until the internal heat reaches 135
- Let rest on cutting board for 15 minutes before removing string and carving.
Dessert: Carrot Cake Cheese Ball
8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
2 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded carrot
½ cup diced pineapple
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
¼ cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
Carrot greens for garnish
- Whisk cream cheese, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a bowl until combined.
- Stir in carrot, pineapple and raisins. Coat a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Scoop the cheese mixture onto it.
- Using the plastic wrap to help you, form the cheese mixture into a ball andcompletely wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, combine pecans, coconut and the remaining ¼ cup carrot in a small bowl.
- Turn the cheese ball out onto a serving plate and form into a carrot shape. Coat with the pecan mixture. Garnish with carrot greens, if desired.
For more healthy tips, just visit us at http://www.sunshinehomehealthaide.com.